Monday, May 28, 2007

No Trees Were Harmed...


I've been experimenting at work with an easier and faster way to do traditional animation and I think I've come up with a good option. The test above is an animation I did entirely on a Cintiq using Mirage. I think it looks pretty convincing as graphite. And plus, it was really easy and quick to do. Instant pencil testing. The "YouTube" version is obviously compressed, so here's a larger image so you can get a better look. No more paper. My flipping is done with the arrow keys now!

2 comments:

Tanith said...

super cute little animation! cintiqs are quite possibly the greatest thing ever. plus there's no more guilt with wasting paper. buy a cintiq = hug a tree.

katzenjammer studios said...

interesting. man you've gotten really "at one" with mirage. I still think its buggy and weird sometimes. but you've made it shine!
the test looks great man.

-mike