Monday, October 17, 2005

Bodie Sketches






I guess a fun way to start is to show a series of studies I did while visiting the ghost town of Bodie, California. It's an old gold rush town that's been preserved as a state park. I went up there with a couple good friends of mine, Rob Lilly and Tim Szabo. We decided to take off one Friday night and head up there on a camping/research trip. It was a great trip and an incredible place to visit. If you'd like to know more, check out their website...http://www.bodie.net/. These are some of the studies I did on the day of our visit...and a couple photos that Tim took.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Hi Kelsey! I followed Charles Zembillas' link from AnimationNation.com

You seem to be one of very few BG and Scenic Design people posting in a blog, and as a BG designer myself, I'll be pleased to see your work appear on a regular basis.

Definite bookmark!

Mark McDonnell said...

Great Stuff man! Always a pleasure to cruz thru your work.

MAC

Kmann said...

Thanks you guys for the kind words. Mark you're always so supportive and I thank you again for pushing me to do this. And Michael, thanks for stopping by. I'll continue posting bg/layout work. Thanks for deaming me a bookmark! There's no higher compliment than that is there?

Anonymous said...

your stuff is amazing....your sense of lighting is incredible...your comments of my work is much respected

Akshata said...

I enjoyed ur sketches!very different style.liked ur drgs. also.do u prefer monochromatic colorscheme? .........yet I liked them very much.Have a nice day!

virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

I love your concept they are stunning :)