Friday, November 04, 2005

Heads Up!


I was a guest speaker the other night at the Animation Academy's seminar series, and while we were waiting for people to arrive, I sketched out this page. Somewhat based on the students in attendance, but not really. I'm no characaturist and I don't pretend to be. After a small compositional tweak and a quick color pass, this is what I ended up with. I'm always amazed at how fast you can color something in Photoshop and how much it adds to the final product.

*Charles just posted some photos of the evening on Animation Nation. Check them out!. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see me doing a digital storyboard pitch on a rather small laptop, but I think people still liked it :)

7 comments:

Lára said...

I really enjoyed my visit...and looking forward to new posts!

James Dylan said...

Those are not BATTLE ANTS!.. but it is a bad ass sketch.

Eric Gonzalez said...

Well if you're not pretending to be a caricaturist, maybe you should, these are unbelievable. Great post!

Unknown said...

This is very nice drawing!! love the style!

Tim Szabo said...

I like the theme of the horizontal lines selectively placed thruout. Helps pull it all together and makes a nice design element. All the vertical shapes of the heads and all the horizontals of the stripes balance out well. And Im drawn to the one guy in the middle who is looking off to the left. Whats he thinking? LOL This is a great image!

Gerald de Dios said...

This is great work Kelsey...I'm glad John Nevarez linked your blog. I really like those compositional studies.

David Colman said...

great stuff man,,,,, ur stuff is tits....yes thats a good thing


going to addur link to my site